- Energy will play a key role for any future decisions concerning urban development, spatial use and settlements regarding time and space parameters.
Energy will play a key role for any future decisions concerning urban development, spatial use and settlements regarding time and space parameters. In order to understand the urban change, to build up innovative strategies and to implement them, consequently, EIFER is working in the following fields:
- Analysis of the urban development, dynamic and impact on energy demand using approaches to assess and understand the urban transitions.
- Constantly observing and analyzing local energy and climate change policies.
- Understand urban governance and its interaction with energy planning, efficiency and climate change policies.
- Assessment of innovative urban mobility by evaluation of urban policy, technological trends, spatial simulation and its interaction with the built environment.
- Integrated concepts for sustainable energy use taking into account acceptability studies, analyses of lifestyle, models for the diffusion of new technologies, analyses of the legal framework and of stakeholders, studies on governance and the interactions between the different influence factors.